Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I just love a bavarian. This one is smooth, creamy and delicious even if it is low-fat.
Make and share this Pineapple-Ginger Bavarian recipe from Food.com.
- Combine reserved pineapple juice with enough water to equal 1/2 cup liquid. Pour into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Place gelatin in a medium-sized bow.; add pineapple juice mixture. Stir until gelatin is dissolved. Add ginger ale and half of the crushed pineapple, stir until well blended. Add yogurt, whisk until well blended. Pour into 5 individual ramekins. Cover each with plastic wrap; refrigerate until firm.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining half of pineapple with ginger in a small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, beat cream in a small deep bowl on high speed of electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add sugar substitute and vanilla; beat until still peaks form.
- To serve, top each bavarians with 1 tablespoon whipped topping and 1 tablespoon pineapple mixture.
How did I miss this cooling, beat-the-summer-heat recipe earlier? It is so good. My only changes were to use regular (Canada-Dry) ginger-ale and 2% greek yoghurt. Other than that, followed as stated. Refreshing, creamy dessert with a nice zing from the fresh ginger. This would be so good with other fruit added, too, and the variations are endless...