1/3 Photos of Pineapple Ghost Chili Sauce
Serious Sweet Pain! Butt Jolokia is also known as the Ghost Pepper over 1 million scoville units. That's 3 times hotter then the habanero! Gloves are a must when preparing the ghost chili's. Check here for bottling the sauce http://www.leeners.com/hotsauce-about-bottling.html here for the bottles http://www.leeners.com/condiments-bottling.html I filled 6 Woozy bottles with the fitments droppers. It may have to be removed for easier pouring.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces pineapple, cubed
- 4 ghost chili
- 1 small onion, 6 ounces cubed
- 1 carrot, 3 ounces rough chopped
- 1 ounce golden raisin, 1/4 cup
- 4 garlic cloves, 1 ounce
- 1 lime, zest and meat the white pith discarded
- 1/2 ounce ginger, rough chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups vinegar
- 1Place all but the vinegar in a food processor and pulse till pureed. Add to pot with vinegar and cook 15 minutes. If needed blend again for a smooth sauce.
- 2Fill hot sauce into sterilized hot bottles or jars.
- 3Place in a hot water bath for 10 minutes.
- 4Let age for at least 1 week.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Ghost Chili Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (3 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 360
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 19.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: