Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Tired of tomato-based gazpacho? Try this golden refresher, full of pineapple, yellow bell pepper, red onion and cucumber. This gazpacho is different in color and in tasted. It can be made as picante as you wish. You can add a pinch of minced jalapeno or serrano chile along with the garnish. For something new this summer, give this recipe a try! Recipe is from our local foodie, Jan D'Atri.
- 118.29 ml yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 59.14 ml pineapple juice
- 1 small fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 59.14 ml red onion, chopped
- 59.14 ml cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 9.85 ml rice wine vinegar
- 2.46 ml red pepper sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1.23 ml kosher salt
- 0.59 ml white pepper
- 59.14 ml red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml green bell pepper
- 59.14 ml cucumber, seeded and finely chopped
- 14.79 ml cilantro, chopped
- Placre all ingredients (excluding the garnish) in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Taste and add more seasoning if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve (can be prepared one day in advance; stir before serving).
- Ladle 6 to 8 ounces into chilled soup bowls and sprinkle with red and green bell peppers, cucumber, and cilantro. If you want more fire in your soup, don't forget to add minced jalapeno or serrano chile along with the garnish.