Recipe by Danny Beason
Presented By: Mary Collins-Shepard
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
I had to make some slight adjustments to this recipe but none that altered the flavor. I halved this recipe and used a half recipe of recipe #208645 for the cake, pineapple chunks instead of rings & baked 6 mini-cakes in 8 oz ramekins. Despite the strange combination, I totally loved this recipe! DH wasn't crazy about it, even though he loves garlic as much as I do, but I would definitely make this again. I may use minced garlic instead of the slices for him though. I arranged the pineapple wedges into circles that were very close to what a ring would have looked like. I tried this recipe out of sheer curiosity & I'm really glad I did. Sometimes it's a nice surprise to go out of our comfort zone! Thanks for sharing, Danny! :)
- 158.51 ml melted butter
- 236.59 ml packed light brown sugar
- 566.99 g cansliced pineapple, drained
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 517.37 g package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 78.07 ml oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 314.66 ml water (or as called for by your cake mix)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spread butter over bottom of a 13"x9" baking dish.
- Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar.
- Arrange pineapple in a single layer over sugar.
- Place a few slices of garlic in the center of each ring.
- Place remainder of garlic slices around rings.
- Prepare cake according to package directions.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 30-35 minutes or until cake tester inserted near center comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes.
- Loosen edges and turn out onto a serving platter.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.