Presented By: Mary Collins-Shepard
Make and share this Pineapple-Garlic Upside Down Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) cansliced pineapple, drained
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spread butter over bottom of a 13"x9" baking dish.
- Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar.
- Arrange pineapple in a single layer over sugar.
- Place a few slices of garlic in the center of each ring.
- Place remainder of garlic slices around rings.
- Prepare cake according to package directions.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 30-35 minutes or until cake tester inserted near center comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes.
- Loosen edges and turn out onto a serving platter.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.