1/3 Photos of Pineapple-Garlic Upside Down Cake
Danny Beason's Note:
Presented By: Mary Collins-Shepard
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can sliced pineapple, drained
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2Spread butter over bottom of a 13"x9" baking dish.
- 3Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar.
- 4Arrange pineapple in a single layer over sugar.
- 5Place a few slices of garlic in the center of each ring.
- 6Place remainder of garlic slices around rings.
- 7Prepare cake according to package directions.
- 8Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 30-35 minutes or until cake tester inserted near center comes out clean.
- 9Let cool 10 minutes.
- 10Loosen edges and turn out onto a serving platter.
- 11Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple-Garlic Upside Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.1
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 80.8 mg
- Sodium 381.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 40.9 g
- Protein 3.9 g