Top Review by Boyz 5
It took approximately 15 to 20 minutes for the pineapple/sugar mixture to reach 234 degrees on my candy thermometer.I added the lemon juice as soon as I took the mixture off the heat(My fault-wasn't reading the directions properly!)and beat it for about 5 to 7 minutes before it started to thicken .Had I read the directions,I could have saved myself all that "beating". Very Good Fudge!!
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the milk,sugar and butter in a saucepan and bring to boiling point.
- Add the pineapple and cook over medium heat to soft ball stage or 235 degrees,stirring constantly.
- Add the lemon juice and beat until thick.
- Turn into a buttered platter and cut into squares.
- Decorat with pecans.