Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A new twist on the traditional fudge recipes!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- In 2-quart saucepan, combine sugars, pineapple, condensed milk, corn syrup, salt and butter.
- Cook to 238 degrees on a candy thermometer, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Add marshmallows and vanilla.
- Stir together to melt marshmallows.
- Beat until mixture is heavy and creamy.
- Add pecans.
- Spread in buttered 8 x 8 x 2-inch pan.
- Cool until firm. Cut into squares.
I made this exactly by the recipe; the flavor is great, but it never would set up and get firm. It remained soft and sticky even after putting it in the refrigerator. Does anyone have a suggestion what happened? Maybe too much pineapple juice?? I really would appreciate any ideas because I really like the taste and would like to make it again. Thanks!!