Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
found in a box of recipe clippings from a church garage sale...have not tried it yet..
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup light cream
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- combine sugar, cream and pineapple in a saucepan.mix well.
- cook, stirring occasionally to soft ball stage.(236*).
- remove from heat, add butter, ginger and vanilla.mix well.
- cool to room temperature without stirring until luke warm.
- beat until mixture looses it gloss.add nuts and pour into buttered 8" square pan.
- score candy in serving pieces.
- press walnut half into each piece.
- cut when firm.
- Makes 24 pieces.