Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This can actually be used for a filling of a sponge cake or use to frost your favorite cake. This was a favorite recipe of my father's sister.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- Cream together the butter and shortening.
- Gradually add the confectioners sugar; beat until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the drained crushed pineapple, salt, vanilla, and lemon rind.