Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is so easy to make and so delicious. You buy the pound cake--fresh or frozen (or if you are feeling very ambitious, you could make it from scratch). I did serve this frosting on Rainy Day Yellow Cake and it was great, as that cake is a little like pound cake but in bigger form. Now, I WILL TELL YOU--I don't ever frost the cake; I make the frosting and put big dollops of frosting on the cut pound cake. That is easier than the other way and you get sooooo much more of the frosting. But either way it is good.
- 1 (16 ounce) package butter pound cake
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice (undrained)
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping (thawed)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- In a mixing bowl put the whole can of pineapple, juice and all, and stir in the pudding.
- Make sure that it is blended well.
- Stir in the whipped topping; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Slice cake in half lengthwise--two layers.
- Spread half on bottom layer.
- Put top on and spread rest on the cake.
- OR: Mix the frosting and don't frost the cake but put big dollops of frosting on each slice served.