1/2 Photos of Pineapple Frosted Pound Cake
Mimi in Maine's Note:
This is so easy to make and so delicious. You buy the pound cake--fresh or frozen (or if you are feeling very ambitious, you could make it from scratch). I did serve this frosting on Rainy Day Yellow Cake and it was great, as that cake is a little like pound cake but in bigger form. Now, I WILL TELL YOU--I don't ever frost the cake; I make the frosting and put big dollops of frosting on the cut pound cake. That is easier than the other way and you get sooooo much more of the frosting. But either way it is good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package butter pound cake
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice (undrained)
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping (thawed)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1In a mixing bowl put the whole can of pineapple, juice and all, and stir in the pudding.
- 2Make sure that it is blended well.
- 3Stir in the whipped topping; let stand for 5 minutes.
- 4Slice cake in half lengthwise--two layers.
- 5Spread half on bottom layer.
- 6Put top on and spread rest on the cake.
- 7OR: Mix the frosting and don't frost the cake but put big dollops of frosting on each slice served.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Frosted Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.4
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 101.0 mg
- Sodium 326.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 22.4 g
- Protein 3.0 g