I've not tried this recipe yet, but it sounds interesting! It's supposed to be a traditional Swedish dessert, gleaned from "Favorite Swedish Recipes", a recipe booklet I acquired somewhere... Prep time doesn't include REFRIGERATION time of 3 hours. Make sure to use canned pineapple, as fresh will prevent gelatin from setting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat egg yolks and sugar until fluffy.
- 2Dissolve gelatin over hot water. Add the lemon juice, the reserved pineapple juice, and dissolved gelatin to egg mixture. Stir until thick.
- 3Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold egg whites, whipped cream and pineapple cubes into the gelatin/egg mixture.
- 4Pour into a mold that's been rinsed in cold water. Refrigerate for 3 hours until set.
- 5When ready to serve, unmold and garnish with pineapple slices and cherries. Serve with "fancy cookies", per the original recipe!
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Fromage
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.7
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 174.5 mg
- Sodium 62.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 40.6 g
- Protein 6.3 g