Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This comes from the 5 Ingredients or Less cookbook. And how easy with pancake mix.
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices, in juice
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk pancake mix
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- sweetened whipped cream
- Drain pineapple.
- Heat oil in large fry pan over medium-high heat until hot.
- Place the pancake mix in a shallow bowl.
- Coat both sides of pineapple slices, one at a time, with the dry pancake mix, shaking off excess.
- Fry pineapple slices in hot oil in batches without crowding, until golden brown, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes total.
- With a slotted spoon, remove to a double thickness of paper towels to drain.
- Transfer fritters to dessert plates and sift powdered sugar over top.
- Serve hot, topped with whip cream.
These are great little treats! I had some left over pineapple from making your Recipe #191526. My bf just loved these. Next time I may add some nutmeg, or some spice. But over all great recipe.