Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love this recipe...great for when you have guests over.
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple rings
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Heat 3 cups oil in a large deep pot over high heat until temperature reaches 365 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, salt, and sugar in a large bowl.
- Mix egg, milk and remaining oil in a small bowl.
- Slowly add liquid ingredients, stirring with a fork or shisking until smooth.
- Pat pineapple rings completely dry.
- Dip each ring into batter letting excess drip back into bowl.
- Lower rings gently into hot oil with a slotted spoon, 2 at a time.
- Fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Drain well on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.