We have this often at our house, it's a different twist from your everyday rice dish, I also add in a few good tablespoons of fresh minced garlic
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten (can use more)
- 2 slices bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup cooked small shrimp
- 3/4 cup diced ham
- 4 green onions, including tops, finely chopped
- 4 cups cooked cold long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 slices chopped pineapple, drained and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted cashews (optional) or 1/4 cup almonds (optional)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1In a wok or a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil, swirling to coat the sides of wok.
- 2Pour in eggs, tilting pan to coat; cook just until the eggs are set; remove from pan and allow to cool slightly then cut into pieces.
- 3Add more oil to the wok swirling to coat sides.
- 4Add in the bacon; cook for 1 minute or until the bacon is limp and translucent.
- 5Add in shrimp, ham, green onions and rice until well blended.
- 6Stir in broth, soy sauce, sesame oil and salt; cook and toss for 2 more minutes, or until the rice is heated; remove from heat.
- 7Add in the chopped pineapple, egg pieces and nuts (if using) toss to mix.
- 8Season with black pepper and salt.
- 9Place in a serving bowl.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Fried Rice With Sprimp and Ham
Serving Size: 1 (389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 921.3
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 127.1 mg
- Sodium 1065.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 156.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 25.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: