Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
We have this often at our house, it's a different twist from your everyday rice dish, I also add in a few good tablespoons of fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten (can use more)
- 2 slices bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup cooked small shrimp
- 3⁄4 cup diced ham
- 4 green onions, including tops, finely chopped
- 4 cups cooked cold long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 slices chopped pineapple, drained and diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped unsalted cashews (optional) or 1⁄4 cup almonds (optional)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a wok or a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil, swirling to coat the sides of wok.
- Pour in eggs, tilting pan to coat; cook just until the eggs are set; remove from pan and allow to cool slightly then cut into pieces.
- Add more oil to the wok swirling to coat sides.
- Add in the bacon; cook for 1 minute or until the bacon is limp and translucent.
- Add in shrimp, ham, green onions and rice until well blended.
- Stir in broth, soy sauce, sesame oil and salt; cook and toss for 2 more minutes, or until the rice is heated; remove from heat.
- Add in the chopped pineapple, egg pieces and nuts (if using) toss to mix.
- Season with black pepper and salt.
- Place in a serving bowl.
This is delicious! I made this to go along with chicken eggrolls and it matched perfectly!! I didn't add any of the meats per DH's request, but did add a shredded carrot. I will be making this often! DH and I both loved it! (He had the leftovers for breakfast this morning!) Thanks Kitt! Another deelish recipe!!!