Recipe by Lvs2Cook
A spicy version of fried rice. Good with any meat main dish. I always use low sodium soy sauce whenever I cook -- much less salty!
Top Review by southernmojo
I didn't use ginger since we had none on hand, and i doubled up on the red pepper. Other than that I followed it exactly and it turned out well. I added some cooked and diced chicken near the end to make it a full meal. I've never been much into fried rice, but I will make this one again. Gotta love a simple recipe like this!!!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, use more if you want it spicier
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple in syrup, drained
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion, including green tops
Directions See How It's Made
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat until hot.
- Add garlic, ginger and red pepper, cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add rice and soy sauce; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add pineapple, tossing to combine.
- Heat rice through. Sprinkle with green onions before serving.