Recipe by MizzNezz
Great takeoff on Bananas Foster, I love this warm with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
Top Review by Lightly Toasted
This was FABULOUS! I prepared it at a dinner party last night, and everyone asked for the recipe--even the two women who don't like to cook. I'm not a fan of maple flavor, so I substituted rum. Big hit! Thanks!
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup maple flavored syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut in 1 inch spears
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients, except pineapple, in deep saucepan.
- Cook and stir for 5 minutes, or until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add pineapple, and cook and stir for 6-8 minutes, until sauce has thickened slightly, and pineapple is tender.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add butter and stir until smooth.