Prep 15 mins
Cook 11 mins
Great takeoff on Bananas Foster, I love this warm with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup maple flavored syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut in 1 inch spears
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Put all ingredients, except pineapple, in deep saucepan.
- Cook and stir for 5 minutes, or until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add pineapple, and cook and stir for 6-8 minutes, until sauce has thickened slightly, and pineapple is tender.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add butter and stir until smooth.
This was FABULOUS! I prepared it at a dinner party last night, and everyone asked for the recipe--even the two women who don't like to cook. I'm not a fan of maple flavor, so I substituted rum. Big hit! Thanks!
There were only 2 of us but we are pigs so I guessed at the measurements - well, to be fair I didn't use any. I also used honey instead of maple syrup and added some banana liquer (Pisang Ambon). It was fabulous - I will make the sauce again with or without the pineapple, I can imagine it would be fantastic for a gazillion different things. Super yummy, thank-you!
A lovely sauce for ice cream. Being from maple syrup country, I used the real thing. If I would have had some dark rum I may have added a tablespoon or so, but it's great as is. Thanks :-).