Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delicious served with Baked Ham. This recipe comes from the Mount Joy Mennonite Church cookbook in Mount Joy, PA (Lancaster County).
- 10 slices stale bread, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (2 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Cream sugar margarine or butter, salt and eggs.
- Stir in pineapple and fold in bread.
- Pour in greased casserole.
- Bake, uncovered at 350°F for 45 minutes or until crispy.
I attended Mt Joy Mennonite Church as a kid, so I was excited to find this recipe! (What a great cookbook!) Turns out that this was exactly what I remember eating as a kid. Yummy! I made a few adjustments. I used 12 pieces of bread and still felt that it didn't quite fill a 9x13 pan. Would adjust recipe on food.com to 1.5 casseroles
Made this as a test run for easter dinner this year. Scaled it down to serve two people just for tonight. I used whole wheat sandwhich bread that I "staled" in the oven for a few minutes at 350 degress F.This dressing is VERY filling but very tasty. Can't wait until easter dinner now so I can have it again!
Sounds fab~ I added it to my cookbook. TY for sharing.