Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
I tried the original recipe and had to make corrections. The cookies are great!
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 (21 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 5 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla
- Mix together in saucepan above ingredients until thick.
- Cook First until thick, let cool while making dough.
- Mix all ingredients together into a dough. Roll out dough very thin onto a floured surface. Cut out circles with a cookie cutter.
- Place one teaspoon of filling onto cut out cookie, place another cookie on top of filling and press ends together gently.
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven 12-15 minutes or until lightly brown around the edges.
- Depending on the size of the cookie cutter, this can make approximately 125 cookies. They can be refrigerated and are good cold as well as room temperature.