Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Dump recipes are a quick and easy way to make the most of your OAMC day. You can assemble many "dump" recipes quickly and stock the freezer fast.
- 1⁄2 lb chicken piece (breasts or thighs)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 cup pineapple preserves
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- For immediate cooking: Pre-heat oven to 350°F Place all ingredients into a large baking dish, turn chicken to coat. Bake until chicken juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).
- For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1 Gallon freezer bag. Lay flat in freezer.
- To thaw and cook: Take the bag out of the freezer the night before, make sure the bag is sealed completely.
- For the oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F Empty the contents of the bag into a large baking dish and bake until the juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).
- For the crockpot: cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 or until done.
- On the grill: cook over medium heat until juices run clear.
I had high hopes for this dish, but it was a bit boring and bland. I added a little salt and some sweet chili sauce to it and it was awesome after that.
This came out very bland. I was hoping for some of the sweetness other reviewers complained about but I didn't really taste much of anything. I ended up getting out some sweet & sour sauce to at least have some flavour.
Overall this was a good recipe. I really enjoyed the flavors. I did find it a bit sweet and normally I do like sweet things but I found it hard to want to eat the leftovers. I would make this again but probably not anytime soon.