Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup coconut
- Pour pineapple into a lightly greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle the coconut over, then top with the dry cake mix.
- Pour melted butter over top,then sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until lightly browned.
Excellent Flavour, super easy. Like the other reviewer I also found it a bit dry. I will add more pineapple juice to the pineapple layer next time, and more melted butter on top. Will make this again for sure.
Everyone seemed to like this. When I made it, I literally "dumped" everything in the pan and then spread it out. I found it to be too dry. So next time I will probably mix everything around a bit to make sure everything is moistened. I used pineapple chunks and next time I'm going to try crushed pineapple and brown sugar.
This is so easy, I thought it was too good to be true, but I was pleasantly surprised at how good it is. I may try it with fruit cocktail next time. Thanks for posting!