Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
3 cookies equals 1 fruit exchange.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon sugar substitute
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened crushed canned pineapple (with juice)
- Cream margarine and sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla
- Beat until fluffy.
- Combine dry ingredients and combine with cream mixture alternately with pineapple.
- Mix throughly.
- Drop by spoonfuls on lightly greased cookie sheets spacing 2 to 3 inches apart.
- Bake 375F 10-12 minutes.
I found that if I baked them 'till they became a little browned on top they have much more flavor.
I made these cookies again and I added 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts and 2 tablespoons raisins. I also added 1 teaspoon cinnamon. They had much more flavor than the original recipe and we really enjoyed them -- so much so that I am baking another batch today so we have something for in the lunches for work. Great diabetic recipe!!
I'm not going to rate these cookies because I just used sweet and low and they didn't turn out all that great. I sent these to a friend who has diabetes and they thought they were so so. Thank you for posting!