Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
So easy and very tasty.
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple, crushed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sift flour once.
- Measure, add baking powder, soda and salt.
- sift again.
- Cream shortening add sugar.
- Gradually and cream together until light and fluffy.
- Add pineapple and eggs one at a time.
- Beating well after each.
- Add a small amount of flour at a time.
- Beating after each addition until smooth.
- Drop by teaspoon on ungreased sheet.
- 10 minutes 400F degrees.
Easy to make and very, very, good! I had these done in about 1/2 hour. They're soft and chewy, it's hard to stop eating them. Recipe made 26 cookies. Maybe I should double it next time! Thanks for a great recipe Lali!
This is really good and festive too!
Though these were quick, easy, and tasty, they got flat when I cooked them. Instead of a pan of 9 cookies, it turned into one big cookie. The next batch, I spread the dough on the cookie sheet and decided to cut them into squares after they cool. Perhaps I should've drained the pineapple better before adding it!