Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This pie is sinful! to save even more time use the ready-bake pie crusts.
Make and share this Pineapple Dreamy Cream Pie (No-Bake) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, slightly drained
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) containerof cool whipped topping, thawed (OR 2 cups whipping cream, whipped, and sweetened with 3-4 tbsp sugar)
- 1 baked deep dish pie shells or 1 graham cracker pie crust or 1 chocolate cookie pie crust
- In a med-large bowl, cream together the softened cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer on high speed for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the slightly drained crushed pineapple, coconut and pecans; mix well.
- Carefully fold in half of the whipped topping, until filling is blended well.
- Reserve the remaining half for top.
- Spoon the filling into prepared crust.
- Chill for several hours before serving.
- NOTE: A alternative, is to fold in the full amount (2 cups) of whipped topping into the filling; this works quite well, and produces an even lighter texture of pie, but, allow more chilling time before serving for this method.
- ALSO: this pie has a better texture, and holds up better and longer if prepared with Cool Whip topping.
this recipe is close to an icing recipe that my mother-in-laws makes.. it is awesome!!! if you want to use as an icing just add 1 package of instant vanilla pudding.. i'm sure you could also use this as a pie filling. awesome over a white sheet cake.
4 stars from me. It was delicious but I think I would have doubled the pineapple and halved the nuts and maybe a touch less sugar. I made this for Father's Day with our barbecue ribs dinner (cole slaw and baked beans). Everyone loved it. Your recipes are wonderful, Kittencal, I looked at many of them; I look forward to trying many more.
I made this last night, but realized I was out of coconut. I forged ahead without it, and my kids loved it anyway! I used the chocolate crust, and French Vanilla Cool Whip. I opted to use it all in the filling, as I had overnight to chill the pie. YUM!! Will pass this one on...