Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This pie is sinful! to save even more time use the ready-bake pie crusts.
Top Review by sshardridge
this recipe is close to an icing recipe that my mother-in-laws makes.. it is awesome!!! if you want to use as an icing just add 1 package of instant vanilla pudding.. i'm sure you could also use this as a pie filling. awesome over a white sheet cake.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, slightly drained
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) containerof cool whipped topping, thawed (OR 2 cups whipping cream, whipped, and sweetened with 3-4 tbsp sugar)
- 1 baked deep dish pie shells or 1 graham cracker pie crust or 1 chocolate cookie pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- In a med-large bowl, cream together the softened cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer on high speed for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the slightly drained crushed pineapple, coconut and pecans; mix well.
- Carefully fold in half of the whipped topping, until filling is blended well.
- Reserve the remaining half for top.
- Spoon the filling into prepared crust.
- Chill for several hours before serving.
- NOTE: A alternative, is to fold in the full amount (2 cups) of whipped topping into the filling; this works quite well, and produces an even lighter texture of pie, but, allow more chilling time before serving for this method.
- ALSO: this pie has a better texture, and holds up better and longer if prepared with Cool Whip topping.