Recipe by Virginia
My family always begs for this cake when we're having a family dinner , which is often.!!!
Top Review by brandimac02
My kids and I love pineapple. I made my cake using the pineapple juice instead of water. I then poked holes in cake and poured a little pineapple juice on the cake. It makes the cake just melt in your mouth! I think everyone that has a love for pineapple should try this at least once. Oh I made the icing as directed with a little extra pineapple. Splendid!!!!!
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup Crisco cooking oil
- 1 cup water or 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 (12 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 container Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Make cake according to package directions in 3 9" cake pans (or one 13x9 pan) that have been greased and floured.
- Cool cake completely.
- To make frosting mix pudding mix and crushed pineapple with juice. Then fold in the thawed Cool Whip.
- Frost cake (you may have to secure layers with tooth pick).
- Must chill cake at least 4 hours before serving, overnight is best.