- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- oil (for frying, 1-inch deep)
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons pineapple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Reserve 1 1/2 tablespoons pineapple syrup for glaze.
- To pineapple, add egg, biscuit mix, sugar and nutmeg; stir into stiff dough.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees F.
- Drop dough by teaspoonsful into hot oil; fry to golden brown, about 3 minutes, turning once.
- Remove with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Dip some of doughnuts into pineapple glaze, others in confectioners' sugar or cinnamon sugar.
- Serve warm.
- For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar and pineapple syrup; mix until smooth.