Recipe by Michelle S.
When I was a teen I worked in the kitchen of a local hospital. This was the most popular dessert by patients and staff. The dessert cook refused to part with the recipe, so one day I distracted her while my partner in crime Ed stole the recipe to copy. The drama was well worth it. This is light and delicious. Prep time does not include the jello thickening time nor refrigeration time.
Top Review by cuisinebymae
Excellent dessert! Very light and cool. Greatly appreciated today because it is very hot and humid. The orange Jello nicely balances out the very sweet pineapple filling. Well worth your short jaunt into espionage, Michelle!
- 1 (3 ounce) box orange Jell-O
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- graham cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix eggs, sugar, drained pineapple, and butter.
- Cook over medium-low heat until thick, stirring occasionally.
- Cool mixture.
- Add walnuts and vanilla.
- Line a 8x8 square pan bottom with graham crackers.
- Covering bottom completely.
- Some breaking of the crackers may be required.
- Spread pineapple mixture over the crackers.
- Top with another layer of crackers, again covering filling completely.
- Prepare jello per instructions.
- When jello is nearly congealed, whip it until fluffy and pour over crackers.
- Refrigerate 4-5 hours before serving.