Recipe by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
This recipe was given to us from a neighbor. He got it from his fave Thai restaurant. I have made it a few times. In a word, it is AWESOME! It is time consuming but well worth it. This make a great appetizer when serving Thai or any Asian cuisine
- 1 fresh pineapple, slices, cored and cut into large flat triangle shaped pieces
- 1⁄3 lb ground pork
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
STEP 1 ingredients
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
STEP 2 ingredients
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tamarind juice
- 1 3⁄4 tablespoons palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon crushed peanuts
STEP 3 ingredients
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro leaf
- 1 -2 whole red chili pepper, shredded, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 T oil then stir fry all ingredients in STEP 1, until fragrant.
- Add pork and stir fry until color changes and pork it cooked through.
- Add STEP 2 ingredients to above and crushed peanuts; stir to mix.
- Remove from heat, drain on paper towels, allow to cool completely.
- Place meat mixture over pineapple pieces; top with whole cilantro leaf and sprinkle with shredded red pepper.