Prep 45 mins
Cook 35 mins
From our family friend Sylvia Morris. Tastes even better the second day. I am totally without willpower when confronted with this cake!
- 1 box butter recipe cake mix (you can use just yellow)
- 1⁄2 cup Wesson Oil
- 1 (4 ounce) can mandarin oranges, with juice
- 4 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- Beat cake mix, oil, oranges and eggs together.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Make frosting: Drain a little of the juice off the pineapple and reserve.
- Put the pineapple in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle pudding on top.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- If this seems stiff, add some of reserved juice.
- Frost cake, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
This cake is so good! I made this for a birthday party and it was VERY well received. Everyone asked for the recipe! It is super moist and super good. Thank you so much for posting this. I look forward to making this again.