Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I think I originally got this recipe out of a magazine years ago. I almost always make this for Easter dinner.
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 16 ounces frozen pound cake, thawed (Sara Lee)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup toasted almond
- Drain the pineapple and mix the juice with the almond extract.
- Slice the pound cake into three layers.
- Drizzle the pineapple juice over the cake layers.
- Combine the pineapple, pudding mix and Cool Whip and spread between the cake layers and over the top and sides.
- Sprinkle with almonds and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Have made this twice and it is soooo good....no, scrumptious!!! Served to company both times and they agreed. It is also very easy to make. Thank you for posting this.
I made this for a BBQ get together in a large plastic trifle-like dish and was thoroughly enjoyed by my guests, there was not a crumb left in the dish! thanks for sharing Alisa...Kitten:)