Recipe by Alisa Lea
I think I originally got this recipe out of a magazine years ago. I almost always make this for Easter dinner.
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 16 ounces frozen pound cake, thawed (Sara Lee)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup toasted almond
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the pineapple and mix the juice with the almond extract.
- Slice the pound cake into three layers.
- Drizzle the pineapple juice over the cake layers.
- Combine the pineapple, pudding mix and Cool Whip and spread between the cake layers and over the top and sides.
- Sprinkle with almonds and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.