Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I used to have this all the time at family dinners when I was young. It truly is one of my favorites!!
- 2 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 1 cup melted butter, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 (19 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
- Mix 1/2 c melted butter with 2 c graham wafer crumbs. Pat into a 9x13" pan and let chill slightly.
- Cream together the icing sugar, 1/2 c melted butter and eggs. I usually let the butter cool slightly before adding the eggs.
- Spread over crumbs.
- Drain the pineapple and spread over the creamed mixture.
- Spread the Cool Whip over pineapple and sprinkle remaining crumbs over top.
- Chill 3-4 hours.
If allowed but one variety of fruit, for me it's gotta be pineapple. Not only is it fantastic as is, it can't be topped for versatility in dishes both sweet and savory. This dish brings back memories of pineapple whips, an old frozen treat I used to gleefully overindulge in at the local county fair. Can't believe no one has jumped on the use of raw eggs, also refreshing. Thanks to you for sharing.
Awesome - Chef Chill made it for my husbands BD party when she was visiting Canada and it went fast. We then made it again a few days later for more summer visitors. No leftovers both times