This is one of our favourite made ahead refrigerator dessert from long ago.
Make and share this Pineapple Delight recipe from Food.com.
- Combine melted butter and crushed wafers.
- Reserve 2 Tbsp for topping.
- Spread remainder in a 9x9-inch pan.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 8 minutes.
- Beat softened butter, icing sugar, and eggs.
- Spread on crumb layer.
- Spread pineapple over top.
- Cover with whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Decorate with maraschino cherries.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Can be made the day ahead or can be frozen.
- Tip: Use egg beater instead of real eggs.
- Try using chopped peaches to replace pineapple.