Recipe by Gidget
This is the first pudding I made from scratch, and it works perfectly every time.
Top Review by Mirj
This is a very simple pudding that works beautifully. I didn't have any crushed pineapple so I ran some rings through the food processor, just a few pulses, didn't want pineapple mush. I used soy milk to keep it non-dairy. I also used brown sugar, which gave it a nice caramelly flavor which really complemented the pineapple. With some high-quality vanilla ice cream it garnerd me a few compliments. I will certainly make this again and again! Thanks Gidget!
- 45 g butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄4 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 125 g crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Blend in flour, followed by pineapple.
- Whisk egg yolks and milk together.
- Lightly mix in the pineapple mixture.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold lightly into pineapple mixture.
- Pour into a greased oven-proof casserole dish.
- Bake in a moderately hot oven (190c) for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- The top should be a cakey crust with a custard consistency underneath.
- Serve with cream, ice cream and a dusting of icing sugar.