Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A healthy, fibre-filled muffin - it was designed to use up odds and ends in my kitchen... with delicious results! Makes four jumbo muffins - perfect for a hearty breakfast.
- 1⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt (or, my preference, Apple Crumble Source yogurt!) or 1⁄4 cup applesauce (or, my preference, Apple Crumble Source yogurt!)
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 2 egg whites
- 2⁄3-1 cup non-fat soymilk (use enough to form a moist batter)
- 1⁄2 cup canned crushed pineapple
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-bran cereal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup dates, chopped or 1⁄4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 400 and spray muffin tins.
- Mix yogurt, Splenda, syrup and egg whites until well combined.
- Add pineapple, milk and cereal; stir and let sit at least 5 minutes.
- Mix dry ingredients in aseparate bowl; add to wet.
- Stir in dates.
- Spoon batter into tins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Leave in tins at least 2 or 3 minutes before removing.