A healthy, fibre-filled muffin - it was designed to use up odds and ends in my kitchen... with delicious results! Makes four jumbo muffins - perfect for a hearty breakfast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt (or, my preference, Apple Crumble Source yogurt!) or 1/4 cup applesauce (or, my preference, Apple Crumble Source yogurt!)
- 1/2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1/4 cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 2 egg whites
- 2/3-1 cup non-fat soymilk (use enough to form a moist batter)
- 1/2 cup canned crushed pineapple
- 1 1/2 cups all-bran cereal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dates, chopped or 1/4 cup raisins
- 1Preheat oven to 400 and spray muffin tins.
- 2Mix yogurt, Splenda, syrup and egg whites until well combined.
- 3Add pineapple, milk and cereal; stir and let sit at least 5 minutes.
- 4Mix dry ingredients in aseparate bowl; add to wet.
- 5Stir in dates.
- 6Spoon batter into tins.
- 7Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Leave in tins at least 2 or 3 minutes before removing.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Date Bran Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.4
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 679.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.3 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar-free maple syrup