Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Got this recipe from a friend, and it's been a party favorite ever since. The pineapple preserves are the hardest thing to find for this, Smucker's makes them and Byerly's has them though.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 12 ounces pineapple preserves, Smucker's
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks in juice
- 3 lbs frozen meatballs, pre-cooked
- 8 ounces Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- Put the meatballs in a crock pot.
- Put everything else into a pot on the stove, bring to a boil.
- Pour over meatballs.
- Cook on high for a few hours, longer the better with this one.
I got this recipe several years ago at a dinner party. Since then, I've made them for my own family Christmas events, and they're always a hit. Extremely simple to make, as the crockpot does all the work. It's a different take on a staple hors d'oeuvre.