Recipe by Bowie Girl
Try this tangy tropical curd over pound cake and topped with toasted coconut and chopped macadamia nuts.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a medium, heavy saucepan, stirring with a whisk.
- Stir in juices and eggs; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute or until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add butter, stirring gently until butter melts.
- Spoon mixture into a medium bowl; cool. Cover and chill for at least 6 hours or overnight (the mixture will thicken as it cools).