Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Akin to Mexico's paletas, this summertime treat for grownups is based on a cocktail from the Jack Falstaff restaurant in San Francisco. Freezing time not included in preparation time. From the Houston Chronicle.
- Set a cheesecloth-lined strainer over a bowl.
- Grate most of the cucumber into the strainer, then twist and squeeze the cheesecloth to extract as much of the liquid as possible.
- You will need ½ cup cucumber water.
- In a blender, purée the pineapple chunks with the juice, Simple Syrup and cucumber water.
- Pour into popsicle molds and add the diced pineapple.
- If you like, thinly slice the remaining cucumber and place a slice in each mold. Freeze.