Recipe by drhousespcatcher
From the Philadelphia Inquirer on Raw Food. Posted mainly for my modification eventually.
- 4 cups cucumbers, chopped and peeled
- 4 cups pineapple, chopped
- 1 cup pineapple juice, fresh
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 green onion, white
- 1 inch green onion, green, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- fresh parsley leaves, see note
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil or 3 tablespoons macadamia nut oil
- macadamia nuts, fine chopped, raw, see note
Directions See How It's Made
- In food processor add 3 cups each cuke, pineapple,then the pineapple juice, jalapeno, green onion, lime juice, and salt.
- Blend until smooth. Note may have to work in batches depending on size of processor.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse a few times to leave chunky.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Can use Cilantro in place of parsley. Amount of Parsley is one handful. Amount of macadamia nuts is one handful. For those unfamiliar, yes one handful is exactly that, the amount you can hold in hand.