Prep 15 mins
Cook 34 mins
**Adopted Recipe** Cooking times have been adjusted per the reviews.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl combine all crust ingredients.
- Beat at low speed until mixture is crumbly (2 to 3 minutes). Reserve 1 cup.
- Press remaining crumb mixture on bottom of greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 2 quart saucepan stir together sugar and cornstarch.
- Add pineapple and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened (4 to 5 minutes). (Mixture will be very thick.) Spoon filling over baked crust; sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Top with almonds.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
I can't believe that I forgot to rate these. I think these bars are just heavenly. I took these to work about 1 year ago, and coworkers are still requesting that I bring them again. Delish!!!
I agree w/ChipotleChick the times were way off. I had to cook bottom for 5 mins more and the whole thing for 10 mins. more. Pineapple was bland. Did not enjoy these that much Sorry!
These had a lot of potential. Would have been really good if both cooking times had been sufficient. They turned out really soft and doughy. I think 4 minutes more baking the crust and an additional 5 minutes baking the whole pan would have proved much better results. The flavor of the pineapple was great though. These kind of reminded me of lemon squares.