Recipe by Patti C
This came from one of those Bake Sale Cookbooks and it's simple to make and turned out pretty good, although I think they could use "a little something" to perk them up. Suggestions, all?
Top Review by katew
I had use peaches and blueberries as I cannot get that variation of pineapple here but the dessert was a brilliant success. A guest in the house who is a chef loved it which is a tells the whole story !
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick oats, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple pie filling
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. With mixer or pastry blender, beat cake mix, 5 tablespoons of the butter, and 1 cup of the oats. Mix until crumbly and then set aside 1 cup of this mixture for the topping.
- Combine egg and the remaining mixture and stir well. Press into 9 x 13" pan that has been greased and floured. Spread the pineapple pie filling evenly over the crust.
- In the same bowl, combine the reserved crumb mixture, the remaining oats, 3 tablespoons butter and the brown sugar and blend well. Sprinkle over the pineapple filling and bake for about 35 minutes or until light brown on top.