Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This came from one of those Bake Sale Cookbooks and it's simple to make and turned out pretty good, although I think they could use "a little something" to perk them up. Suggestions, all?
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick oats, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple pie filling
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- Preheat oven to 350. With mixer or pastry blender, beat cake mix, 5 tablespoons of the butter, and 1 cup of the oats. Mix until crumbly and then set aside 1 cup of this mixture for the topping.
- Combine egg and the remaining mixture and stir well. Press into 9 x 13" pan that has been greased and floured. Spread the pineapple pie filling evenly over the crust.
- In the same bowl, combine the reserved crumb mixture, the remaining oats, 3 tablespoons butter and the brown sugar and blend well. Sprinkle over the pineapple filling and bake for about 35 minutes or until light brown on top.
I had use peaches and blueberries as I cannot get that variation of pineapple here but the dessert was a brilliant success. A guest in the house who is a chef loved it which is a tells the whole story !
Hi guys. I read the recipe and the question about "suggestions" to perk it up a bit. I had the idea of using a spice cake or a carrot cake mix instead of the plain yellow one. The recipe does look and sound great though. I can't wait to try it myself using one of the other cake mixes. Will post when I am finished making it and eating it..lol. Thanks for posting it!!
Hello, Patti! :) I tried to email you about the pineapple pie filling, but I finally found some yesterday when I was out shopping. I made this for my church coffee hour, in between services. Thank you so much for the tasty, easy recipe! This was made for Spring PAC 2009.