Recipe by padreaming
Wonderful addition to our monthly "game night"! So sweet it must be served with vanilla ice cream. I doubled this recipe and used a 9x13-inch pan. Believe me, it was 18 servings.
Top Review by Merlot
Oh my....is this ever good!!!! We loved the coconut in the crust which is a perfect compliment to the pineapple. I can't wait to make it again for guests. This is a winner for sure, Padreaming.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1st 5 ingredients.
- Press 1/2 of mixture in to a greased 9x9-inch pan.
- In saucepan combine filling ingredients.
- Bring to a boil stirring for 2 minutes until thick.
- Cool and spread over crust.
- Sprinkle with remaining dry mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve warm.