Recipe by Domestic Goddess
A different kind of "crisp" dessert. The next day I reheat leftovers in the microwave, 'cause I prefer eating mine warm.
- 2 (20 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, drained well
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Firstly, drain the pineapple well, before assembling this recipe together.
- Spread the drained, crushed pineapple, in a 9x9-inch nonstick square baking pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and egg; mix until well combined and crumbly.
- Spoon mixture evenly over the pineapple.
- Pour the melted butter over the crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon evenly over the crust.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with lots of vanilla ice cream.