Recipe by AussieGal Tracey
A real summer delight. My aunt gave me this recipe to try and my family loved it. It's fresh and different.
- 85 g lemon jelly crystals
- 1 cup boiling water
- 250 g jelly sponge rolls
- 2 tablespoons custard powder
- 1 cup milk
- 450 g crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 1⁄4 cups thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Make up jelly.
- Cut jam roll into slices put on bottom of serving bowl.
- Pour jelly over cake.
- Make up custard (milk and custard).
- Once custard has thickened, add pineapple. Put back in fridge for 5 minutes.
- Spread custard over jelly.
- Put cream and sugar in a small bowl; beat until thick and then spread over custard.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in fridge for 2-3 hours.