Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
I have had this recipe for years, it is still requested by my family to make, and still a favorite. No baking makes this a perfect dessert for hot summer days. I most always top it with Cool Whip topping, but that is optional. Make certain to chill this for a minimum of 3 hours (more time is even better) I most always prepare this in the morning to serve later in the day. I always prepare two (8-inch) pans of this dessert as one pan goes way too fast LOL! This is the most delicious dessert!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (or to taste)
- 5 tablespoons orange marmalade, divided
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 (8 ounce) containercool whip frozen whipped topping, thawed (optional)
- Butter an 8-inch square baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix together cracker crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar pinch of cinnamon and melted butter; press mixture into bottom of the pan.
- Refrigerate for half an hour, or freeze for 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together sour cream, cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons marmalade until blended; set aside.
- Drain the pineapple (I push through a small strainer to drain well) and reserve juice.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle the gelatin over reserved juice, let stand for 1 minute.
- Cook, stirring over low heat until gelatin dissolves.
- Beat in gelatin mixture into sour cream mixture until well blended.
- Spoon over graham cracker crust in the pan.
- Stir together the pineapple and remaining 3 tablespoons of marmalade in a small bowl until blended.
- Evenly spread over the sour cream mixture.
- Cover and chill for a minimum of 3 hours, or until firm.