Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious recipe that I found on a diabetic website.
Make and share this Pineapple Cream Pie (diabetic friendly) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 (3 ounce) package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup Cool Whip Lite
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- 1 baked pie shell
- Drain the pineapple pieces, saving the juice.
- Combine pudding mix and pineapple juice, and water.
- Mix with electric mixer.
- When slightly thickened, add pineapple chunks and butter.
- Stir well.
- Pour into the pie crust.
- Just before serving, top with cool whip and sprinkle with coconut.
I took others advice and did this; thouroghly drain pineapple, layer it in bottom first, sprinkle with coconut, layer vanilla pudding made stiff with pineapple juice, and top with toasted coconut and decorate with whip cream tooping, was DELICIOUS!!
I read what the other reviewers said and I decided to use banana cream pudding. The flavor was excellent. Maybe I didn't mix the pudding up enough in the water and juice from the pineapple but it wasn't as firm as I like. I think if making it again I will just use 1/4 cup water or no water. If you had some pineapple juice around that would be good instead of the water.
This recipe was OK.. but not outstanding. It was really easy to make. I guess I'm just used to a different texture for pineapple pie. Was definately worth the try. Thanks for posting Elissaz.