Recipe by Lightly Toasted
A delicious recipe that I found on a diabetic website.
Top Review by lucypaints
I took others advice and did this; thouroghly drain pineapple, layer it in bottom first, sprinkle with coconut, layer vanilla pudding made stiff with pineapple juice, and top with toasted coconut and decorate with whip cream tooping, was DELICIOUS!!
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 (3 ounce) package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup Cool Whip Lite
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- 1 baked pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the pineapple pieces, saving the juice.
- Combine pudding mix and pineapple juice, and water.
- Mix with electric mixer.
- When slightly thickened, add pineapple chunks and butter.
- Stir well.
- Pour into the pie crust.
- Just before serving, top with cool whip and sprinkle with coconut.