Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A wonderful dessert to serve to your guests...very light, and not-to-sweet dessert...and boy, does this have a wonderful taste.....I like it, because you can prepare it a couple days ahead, and keep in the fridge, until ready to serve. Plan ahead, this has to chill a couple of hours before serving.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 9 ounces crushed pineapple, drained (1 can)
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 24 ladyfingers
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, cream the butter and icing sugar together until fluffy.
- Beat egg yolks well, add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in the extract and drained pineapple.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff; fold into the pineapple/egg yolk mixture, along with the sour cream.
- Line a loaf pan, or a springform pan with the Lady Fingers.
- Place them around sides of pan, as well as the bottom.
- Mound in 1/2 of the pineapple mixture.
- Top with more Lady Fingers.
- Then pile in the remaining of the pineapple mixture.
- Chill well in the refrigerator before serving.
- Will keep up to three days in the refrigerator.