Recipe by Bonnie G #2
This recipe is featured in the Woman's World Magazine and looks so good, and not to hard. The recommend not adding the pecans no sooner than an hour or two before serving so the nuts stay crunchy. A very impressive cheese ball for parties. This is a sweet and savory appetizer that looks as amazing as it tastes. Shaped into a pineapple and top with leafy top of the fresh pineapple. Prep time does not include refrigeration time.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup fresh pineapple, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 orange bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- MAKE SPREAD:.
- Beat cream cheese and sour cream on medium speed until smooth, 2-3 minutes.
- Squeeze and discard juice from pineapple.
- Mix pineapple and next 7 ingredients in cheese mixture on low speed until blended.
- SHAPE SPREAD:.
- Turn cheese mixture onto serving platter; shape into oval, making sure to leave room for pineapple top.
- Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- ASSEMBLE PINEAPPLE:.
- Remove platter from refrigerator an hour before serving.
- Place Pineapple top at one end of cheese.
- Lay pecan halves, starting at bottom, in rows over cheese.
- Serve with multigrain bread or crackers of choice.