Prep 4 mins
Cook 3 hrs
My first taste of this was at a covered dish. Ohhh, how I remember that surprisingly delicious taste! I am thankful that the lady shared her recipe with me. It has become a family favorite. Whenever I carry it to a covered dish everyone asks for this recipe. Sometimes I use it as a gelatin salad and other times, as a desert. It is great served with angel food cake. I hope you try this quick easy dish and enjoy it.
- 1 (3 ounce) packageknox unflavored gelatin
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- cherries, with if desired (to garnish)
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, warm the pineapple, cream cheese, and Splenda or sugar until smooth. Stir gently. This does not take long.
- Remove from heat.
- In a small dish, add the water. Then add the unflavored gelatin to it. Allow a few seconds for it to dissolve.
- Add Knox and water mixture to the pineapple mixture. Stir well to blend.
- Pour pineapple mixture in a pretty glass bowl. Gently place a few cherries on top, if desired.
- Place in refrigerator to set. Chill at least 3 hours before serving.
- Note: The 3 hours is your cook tiime. Also note that the small package of Knox unflavored gelatin wasn't labeled with number of ounces. Since I had removed them from the box, I guess at the number of ounces.