Mark Kovach's Note:
I found a basic version of this recipe in an article titled "75 ways to use eggs" I've spiced it up in testing and the result is a delicious breakfast omelette chock full of calories and cholesterol (lol). This recipe isn't for the faint hearted! (Note: These amounts make four omelettes one at a time. Place omelettes in a covered baking dish and keep warm in oven until all four are done if serving a family)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple
- 8 ounces bar cream cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1 ounce canned whipped cream
- salt and pepper
- 1Drain pineapple in mesh strainer.
- 2Soften cream cheese by bringing to room temperature.
- 3Combine pineapple and cream cheese. Set aside.
- 4To make this a more savory than sweet dish add the chopped ham (I use lunch meat for ease of use) and raw or sauteed onion to the cream cheese.
- 5Break 3 eggs into a bowl and beat until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Spray a six inch ribbon of whipped cream into the egg mixture and beat until combined with the eggs.
- 7Heat a six inch frying pan over medium heat then spray with Pam or similar non-stick product. (I also add a pat of butter for taste).
- 8Pour egg mixture into pan and cook over medium heat for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Place pan under broiler to finish top of omelette.
- 9While still in pan spoon 1/4 of cream cheese mix over 1/2 of omelette and fold over the other half (of omelette) to cover. Remove omelette from pan and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Cream Cheese Omelette
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.7
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 636.3 mg
- Sodium 829.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 29.1 g