Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found a basic version of this recipe in an article titled "75 ways to use eggs" I've spiced it up in testing and the result is a delicious breakfast omelette chock full of calories and cholesterol (lol). This recipe isn't for the faint hearted! (Note: These amounts make four omelettes one at a time. Place omelettes in a covered baking dish and keep warm in oven until all four are done if serving a family)
- Drain pineapple in mesh strainer.
- Soften cream cheese by bringing to room temperature.
- Combine pineapple and cream cheese. Set aside.
- To make this a more savory than sweet dish add the chopped ham (I use lunch meat for ease of use) and raw or sauteed onion to the cream cheese.
- Break 3 eggs into a bowl and beat until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray a six inch ribbon of whipped cream into the egg mixture and beat until combined with the eggs.
- Heat a six inch frying pan over medium heat then spray with Pam or similar non-stick product. (I also add a pat of butter for taste).
- Pour egg mixture into pan and cook over medium heat for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Place pan under broiler to finish top of omelette.
- While still in pan spoon 1/4 of cream cheese mix over 1/2 of omelette and fold over the other half (of omelette) to cover. Remove omelette from pan and enjoy!